GreenFleet is coming to READING! on May 24th.
So, you may well be asking yourselves “It’s all well and good saying that these ULEVs can help save the planet, and also save us money… but do they really work?” Let’s compare the average running costs of an EV versus a diesel or petrol vehicle:
- Fuel costs for a conventional car average 12-pence per mile, equating to £1,440, based on an annual mileage of 12,000. Compare that to an EV and the average cost per mile can be as low as 2-pence, making the annual expense just £240! – just imagine the savings on an entire fleet!
- EV’s can be charged using any of the growing number of public charging points being installed up and down the UK, or using work place charging should your organisation take the initiative to make the installation. Grants are available for the installation of workplace and home charging, if your drivers take their vehicles home at night.
- Pure EVs are Zero-Emission, meaning your CO₂ and NOx output is reduced significantly, meaning you are doing all you can to help improve air quality across Greater Manchester.
GreenFleet READING is designed to educate YOU (the Fleet or Transport Manager: Those that make and/or influence the decisions on the organisations ‘Fleet DNA’) on ULEV’s and how introducing them into your fleet operation can save you £Thousands, whilst also being kinder to the environment!
Our unique format is designed to give you a ‘Touch, Taste, Feel’ experience, and we achieve this by:
- Enabling you and your colleagues to ‘experience’ the latest ULEVs first-hand, by Test Driving on a specified local route, to give you a realistic experience. You will be accompanied by experts from the manufacturers, all designed to make sure that your questions are answered there and then.
- Attend keynote presentations from industry experts, including OLEV (Office for Low Emissions Vehicles), as well as TV presenter and motoring journalist Quentin Willson (host). This element of the event will highlight where Reading is at with public infrastructure, the latest info on car and van grants, whilst also giving you an opportunity to ask all the burning questions you have!
- Round Table break-out Sessions, giving you the opportunity to speak to the vehicle manufacturers, solution providers and network with other fleet professionals and EV owners.
Still need more reasons to attend
- Over the last few years in the UK there has been a remarkable increase in the demand for EV’s – new registrations of plug-in cars increased from 3,500 in 2013 to more than 125,000 by the end of November 2017. Organisations are now beginning to recognise that the benefits of utilising ULEVs are REAL!
- The Government forecasts van traffic to rise by 88 per cent between 2010 and 2035. Equally, numbers of cars and HGVs are forecast to grow by around 40 per cent over the same period. Assuming an average cost of 50 pence per mile, then the UK’s vans, alone, will cost around £20 billion a year to run… Unless converted to Electric or another ultra-low emission alternative, such as gas!
- The announcement confirming the banning of all petrol and diesel cars by 2040 in the UK!
- There has been a steep increase on the number of up-and-coming Clean Air Zones across the country, causing an overload of information on air quality issues plastered all over the media. Much of this is confusing… Does it apply to you and your business? What do you do to make sure you comply? Is it going to cost you money? Is there any help out there? All of these questions, and much more, will be answered on the day!
- This event is completely FREE TO ATTEND and comes with a complimentary breakfast, all day refreshments and a buffet lunch!
So, if you’re based in or around the Reading area, feel as though you are battling excessive fuel and running costs and simply lack knowledge on EV’s, PHEV’s, Gas-powered technology and Charging, you MUST attend GreenFleet READING We will PROVE there is a greener way to run your transport operation, that benefits both the environment AND your budget!
For any further information, or to book your FREE place please contact Lauren at email@example.com. We will endeavour to get back to you within 24 hours. Please note… Spaces are limited!